08 Sep 15 Best Project Management Apps for designers to Get Your Life in Order in 2019
We’re living in the mobile-first era. As of the writing this article, there are 7.72 billion people in the world. And, most of them have smartphones. According to some recent stats, 5.13 billion people have mobile devices in 2019.
Does your life feel like a constant roller coaster ride? To get your life on track, here are the best project management apps for designers to get everything in order every day.
It’s a thing of the past — completing a project actually meant bringing a team together, breaking down the team responsibilities, face-to-face meetings, making time estimates on pen and paper, and many more chaotic tasks. Getting a project done from the start to end actually involved everyone to be present physically at all the time.
Today, it has all changed! Project managers have grown smart with the ever-advancing technology. The things have greatly changed.
But there are some obvious questions: How do you keep your tasks, team members, and goals organized? How do you collaborate with the team? How do you keep everyone on the same page?
Staying on top of these things can be frustrating without a project management tool. Many surveys reveal that using the right project management tools and techniques can increase your productivity, and happiness-levels at work.
But there are just so many tools; how do you choose the right one? In this article, we are going to discuss the major tools to give you those project management superpowers, to stay on top of the collaboration and teamwork needed for all your projects.
Without further ado, let’s jump in.
ProofHub is a versatile project management tool for designers used by some powerful companies like NASA, Disney, Taco Bell and many more. ProofHub is a smart full-fledged Agile project management methodology used by leading organizations. This all-in-one tool comes packed with powerful features solve all problems a growing team faces.
- Online proofing software saves a lot of time during the feedback-sharing process
- Makes task-management less stressful for teams
- Integration with popular file management apps like GoogleDrive, OneDrive, Box, and DropBox
- Keep track of time spent on tasks
- Visual timeline for tasks using Gantt charts
- Also available as a mobile app for Android and iOS users
Pricing: Essential plan for $45/month when billed annually.
As a Citrix product, Podio is a cloud-based collaboration space, allows businesses to create custom applications to best meet unique business requirements. It offers solutions to unmanageable emails, unstructured documents, and disconnected systems.
- Social collaboration features, including Facebook-esque “likes”
- File-sharing anywhere within the system
- Internal instant messaging and video chat
- Know what your team is working on
- Track exact time worked
- View activity levels during time worked
- Automatic and customizable reports
- App for iOS and Android
Pricing: Full suite of advanced features $24.
LiquidPlanner gives teams a better way to plan and execute work. For midsize-to-large companies, LiquidPlanner is a wonderful piece of software for teams. It is a project management software and a handy alternative to Basecamp that provides a better way to plan and execute work.
- Project scheduling and collaboration
- Plan built on priorities
- Data and statuses are accessible in real-time
- Instantly visualize the impact of resource availability
- Time tracking for your team with integrated timers and timesheets
Price: Theprofessional plan is available for $45/user/month, for large organization $69 per month per user.
Zoho projects make project management easier for designers by allowing you to plan, track, and collaborate in an effortless manner. It is a good fit for all companies. The interface is intuitive and gives a comprehensive way to manage projects.
- Team intranet collaboration area for creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and videos
- Plan projects with ease
- Integrate with apps such as Zapier, Slack, Dropbox etc
- Gantt charts to get a visual presentation on the progress of tasks
Price: Standard plan available for $20/month.
Basecamp has been there in the business for more than 10 years helping project managers to bring an end to their project management pains. It gives a collaborative approach to manage projects. It is very intuitive and quick to set up.
- Keep all relevant conversations together
- Robust collaborative platform to send messages
- Projects and teams with just a few clicks
- Subscribe with either Google Calendar or Outlook
- Reports for overdue tasks, upcoming deadlines, to-dos and more
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
Pricing: Users can opt to purchase the monthly plan at $99 per unlimited user.
Project managers use ClickUp for better work management. One simple and beautiful project management tool for teams to become more productive than ever. It has got an intuitive interface coupled with powerful features.
- Create recurring tasks – that come back every day, week, or month
- Offers three different views – List, Box, and Board view
- Create your own custom statuses and workflows
- Allow multiple assignees
- Perform bulk project management actions with multitask toolbar
Pricing: Available for free for up to 100MB, Premium for unlimited Rs 358.05 user/month
A complete project management solution for individuals, teams, and enterprise. AceProject is the perfect cloud-based solution that does not require a large budget but gives an efficient return and ability to track increases incredibly.
- Use the dynamic grid to easily enter your timesheets
- Record expenses and attach receipts to them
- Generate customized time reports
- Share document links for better collaboration
- Apps for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and Tablets
Pricing: Free 1 GB. Standard plans at $24/month up to 5 GB. Gold plan at $199/month for unlimited users.
Taiga is a fresh new alternative compared to current open source project management tools. The Agile-based platform is simple to use and comes loaded with features and functionalities to make tasks easier and faster.
- Integration with Webhooks, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket
- ‘Wiki’ for project documentation for users to add, edit and upload wiki pages
- Kanban methodology to divide and organize project development into stages
- Unlimited customization options
Pricing: Premium with $5/month billed annually or $7 month-to-month.
All-in-one work collaboration tool to get things done. Project place is an intelligent project collaboration application to let everyone stay true to their commitments. Projectplace is ISO 27001 certified and supports role-based access.
- Single sign-on and integration with third-party applications
- Visualize the flow of work and progress across team projects
- Visualize project goals and progress using powerful online Gantt charts
- Securely store, share, find, and review your documents
- Collaborate team members using iOS and Android apps
Pricing: $29.00/user per month (when billed annually all prices exclude VAT)
Using Celoxis, businesses can get rid of multiple applications and spreadsheets. It integrates seamlessly with over 400 popular business applications and powerful API making it easy to integrate with any in-house software you use.
- Automatic email alerts
- Real-time visibility into budget spends
- Interactive Gantt chart can handle 10,000 tasks
- Customize and track important portfolio KPIs with ease
- Track time, costs and billing with integrated timesheets and expense module
Backlog caters to development teams working with design, marketing, and IT teams. It is an excellent project management software that is easy to use and definitely feature rich. Backlog is available in both cloud-hosted and on-premise versions.
- Gantt Charts and Burndown charts
- View, prioritize, and discuss all your tasks in one place
- Automatically create issues via email
- Built-in Wikis for collaboration
- The full history of issue updates and status changes
- Built-in Git and SVN
- Native mobile apps
Pricing: Free for up to 10 users. Standard plan at $ 100 / month, unlimited users.
12. Rational plan
One powerful way to assist project managers to develop plans for the project. It is a project management solution to complete projects as scheduled, on time and within budget.
- Track the project’s evolution in terms of completion, time and costs
- Helpful for managing projects and shared resources
- Estimate budgets and keep the finance under control
- Track the project’s evolution regarding time and costs
Pricing: Starting price at $19 per month.
If your project-based business is looking for an intuitive project management solution, Paymo is one to manage your projects. This app ensures a seamless workflow throughout the project.
- Task management, time tracking and invoicing
- Advanced task management, Gantt charts or Kanban Boards to build plans and schedules
- Track work on a daily, weekly, monthly or agenda basis
- Transparent work progress with Kanban style
Pricing: For growing teams at $9.56/month/user.
14. Version one
VersionOne is a recognized leader and visionary in Agile ALM and DevOps. It is easy to use project management platform that delivers outstanding performance for managing and tracking multiple teams, tasks, and projects.
- Powerful portfolio management functionalities to prepare project portfolio
- Keep an update on the project’s progress in real-time
- Create product planning, product road mapping & release planning
Pricing: Starting at $29.00/month.
Aha! supports agile and scrum workflows! It is road mapping and project management platform that defines the why, when, and what of products. It allows businesses to manage their product portfolio efficiently. It enables developing viable business strategies and visual roadmaps.
- Gantt charts to view project status
- Set strategy, manage release, prioritize features, and captures ideas in one place
- Helps to develop release planning and management
- Offers visual reports and detailed charts
Pricing: Premium plan at $59 user/month